INTERDISCIPLINARY CENTRE FOR ENERGY RESEARCH (ICER)
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, INDIA
Open Tender Notice
Tender Notification Ref No.: ICER/ PK/ 014 Date: 5th August, 2013
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Energy Research, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, invites tenders for supply and installation of a “Two Stage Heating System for High Pressure CO2 Test Loop”. This Invitation for Bids is open to all manufacturers or their dealers specifically authorized by the manufacturers to quote on their behalf for this tender and Indian agent of foreign principals, if any.
All the bidders are requested to follow below mentioned Detailed Technical Requirements, Terms and Conditions for submission of bids.
1) Mandatory Technical Requirements:
a) Heaters Stage 1 specifications:
b) Heater Stage 2 Specifications:
The following specifications are common to both stage 1 and stage 2 heaters
c) Common specifications:
d) Control Panel Specifications:
2) Other mandatory requirements:
a) Bidders should offer electrical heating system that is designed with 15-20 % increased operational life (i.e., heating element to operate at lower internal temperature thereby increasing heater life).
b) Bidders should offer 3 year unconditional warranty on the Electric Heater.
c) Bidders should offer Heater & Vessel Designed & Manufactured in accordance with ASME Section VIII, ‘U’ stamped certification.
d) The bidders must enclose a client list, contact details, relevant brochures and compliance certificate (Annexure I) with the tender.
e) The bidders should be well established firms preferably leaders in the application stated above and must have a proven track record.
f) Bidders to submit their reference list of electric heaters supplied for similar services (supercritical applications), along with offer. The reference list must include the following:
- Proven Track Record
- Process fluid type, outlet temperature, kW rating
- Design heat flux / watt density (watts/sq. inch)
- Max sheath temperature
- Year of supply
- Client’ s name & address
- Client contact details
g) Authorization from the OEM/ Principals as in Annexure II
3) Other optional requirements:
1) Demonstration of the installed of the quoted heating system (if any) at another client’s site in India, preferably Bangalore, should be made possible upon request by IISc.
2) Established commitment to support the heating system in India, preferably Bangalore should be demonstrated.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF BIDS
1. The quotations should be submitted in TWO bid system i.e., the Technical bid and the Commercial bid.
The Technical bid must include all the details of technical specifications of the equipment, compliance certificate along with commercial terms and conditions, however, without the price component. The bill of materials, printed technical brochure and any other documents to help the technical evaluation of the bid may be enclosed.
The commercial bid must include the price of the item(s) in Indian/Foreign currency indicating the break up of
a) For Goods manufactured within India
(i) The price of the goods quoted Ex-works including taxes already paid.
(ii) VAT and other taxes like excise duty etc. which will be payable on the goods if the contract is awarded.
(iii) The charges for inland transportation, insurance and other local services required for delivering the goods to IISc, Bangalore.
(iv)The installation, commissioning and training charges including any incidental services, if any.
(b) For Goods manufactured abroad
(i) The price of the goods, quoted on FCA (named place of delivery abroad) or FOB (named port of shipment).
(ii) The charges for insurance and transportation of the goods by Air/Sea upto Bangalore.
(iii) The agency commission charges, if any.
(iv) The installation, commissioning and training charges including any incidental services, if any.
Both the Technical and Commercial bid should be put in separate sealed envelopes and both the envelopes should be put in another cover subscribing the “Quotation for Electrical Heaters for CO2 Test Loop” and should reach “The Convenor, Interdisciplinary Centre for Energy Research, IISc, Bangalore-560012 on or before 25th August 2013.
2. The Warranty should be for a period of 3 Years from the date of satisfactory acceptance.
3. Annual Maintenance Contract for 2 years after the Warranty period may by quoted separately, as an optional
4. We prefer to make payment by Letter of Credit - 90% against presentation of documents and 10% after installation. All Foreign Bank Charges if any, should be borne by the Beneficiary. In addition to this, LC Amendments, Extension, Confirmation charges if required to be borne by the beneficiary.
For Supplies within India, the payment term is after supply and satisfactory acceptance.
5. Please indicate the import code of the items.
6. If the goods are found to be defective, they have to be replaced / rectified at the cost of the supplier within 15 days from the date of receipt of written communication from us. If there is any delay in replacement / rectification, the warranty period should be correspondingly extended.
7. The terms FOB, FCA, CIF, CIP, etc., shall be governed by the rules prescribed in the current edition of the Incoterms published by the International Chambers of Commerce, Paris.
8. The purchases made by the purchaser for scientific purpose are exempt from excise duty and Custom Duty at a concessional rate is leviable.
9. Conditional tenders shall not be accepted.
10. Bids shall remain valid for minimum of 90 days after the date of bid opening prescribed by the Purchaser.
11. The Purchaser reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, and to annual the bidding process and reject all bids at any time prior to award of Contract, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected Bidder or Bidders.
Compliance Certificate to be enclosed with the technical bid.
The compliance statement should be supported with brochures, charts etc., and relevant portions should be highlighted.
MANUFACTURERS’ AUTHORIZATION FORM
[The bidder shall require the manufacturer to fill in this form in accordance with the instructions indicated. This letter of authorization should be on the letterhead of the Manufacturer and should be signed by the person with the proper authority to sign documents that are binding on the Manufacturer.]
Date: [insert date (as day, month and year) of Bid Submission]
Tender No.: [insert number from Invitation for Bids]
To: The Convenor, Interdisciplinary Centre for Energy Research, IISc, Bangalore-560012.
We [insert complete name of Manufacturer], who are official manufacturers of [insert full address of Manufacture’s factories], do herby authorize [insert complete name of Bidder] to submit a bid the purpose of which is to provide the following Goods, manufactured by us [insert name and or brief description of the Goods], and to subsequently negotiate and sign the Contract.
We hereby extend our full guarantee and warranty with respect to the Goods offered by the above firm.
Signed: [insert signature(s) of authorized representative(s) of the Manufacturer]
Name: [insert complete name(s) of authorized representative(s) of the Manufacturer]
Title: [insert title]
Duly authorized to sign this authorization on behalf of: [insert complete name of Bidder]
Dated on ………….. day of …………………, ……………… [insert date of signing]