2011-10-18 Bicycle registration - fixing identification stickers
Students Council along with Security Section is introducing a system of fixing numbered stickers to students' bicycles, just like the stickers issued for cars and motor-cycles. This sticker will be fixed to the bicycle at a prominently visible location, and will carry a number on it that will establish the ownership of the bicycle and indicate the details of the owner. More information on this can be seen at <http://studentscouncilamenities.wordpress.com/>.
How to register your bicycle? The registration process will be in two steps.
Step 1: Filling the on-line form by giving us some information about you and your bicycle. In case you have not filled the form already, you can access it by clicking on this link. This link will also be available in the notice section of SC website <http://www.iisc.ernet.in/scouncil/> and students council amenities committee blog <http://studentscouncilamenities.wordpress.com/>. Please fill this form before 19th Oct 2011.
Step 2. Signing at the registration desk and getting the sticker fixed on your bicycle. We are setting up registration desks at the three messes on 20th and 21st Oct 2011 from 12:00pm to 2:00pm. After fillingup the on-line form, you will have to come with your bicycle, sign against your name and get the sticker fixed on your bicycle.
DATE : 20 & 21 October 2011
TIME : 12:00pm o 2:00pm
VENUE: Circle in-front of A&B mess
Due to lack of enough number of volunteers, we are organizing the desk registration only near A&B messes. C-mess boarders are requested to kindly come to the registration desk to get the stickers fixed.
Please note the following.
- You will have to fill the on-line form first and then sign at the registration desk to get the sticker.
- Registering your bicycle is advised by the Security Section. This will help them avoid cases of theft and identify the actual owner in times of need.
- This will also give you parking privileges in hostel zone and also serve as an additional security to your bicycle.
- To maintain consistency of process and to avoid any issues, we will fix the sticker on your bicycle. Please note that we will not hand over the sticker to you. Kindly come along with your bicycle for registration.
- Also, if you have more than one bicycle, you can register all of them. We will issue one sticker for each bicycle.
D Sri Vallabha,
Coordinator, Amenities Committee,
Students' Council, IISc Bangalore.